[Towertalk] Re: 40M add-ons

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Re: 40M add-ons
From: dcoolica@planet.eon.net (Denis)
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 22:12:11 -0600
John, I worked on one of those add on's on a A4S just two weeks ago for
a friend.

We took one 40 meter conversation kit down off of this antenna as the
SWR was intermittent.  We measured and installed an all new driven
element carefully
and inserted the 40 meter conversation as per the book.

The SWR on 40 meter was around 2.0 to 1.  The SWR on the other bands
were higher than  what the spec. sheet specified. ( They were about
2:1)  You had to use a tuner to match the antenna on the 20, 15 and 10
meters. I can get the exact numbers if you wish.  The tower was a 50
footer.

I was not impressed with the SWR performance.

Denis Ve6AQ