[Towertalk] 20m646 responses

To: <>
Subject: [Towertalk] 20m646 responses
From: (Terry Gaiser)
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 16:38:25 -0700

It is real easy to make the 1/2 wave coax balun ..... pick your center
frequency and calculate the electrical wavelength of that frequency. Cut
that in half for 1/2 wavelength. Take that figure and multiply it by the
velocity factor of the coax cable ... solid dielectric is .66 ... foam
dielectric is .80. That is how long the coax balun should be. I highly
recommend NOT using foam dielectric cable.

Good Luck,
Terry W6RU