[Towertalk] Supressors that pass DC control V.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Supressors that pass DC control V.
From: aa0cy@VRINTER.NET (Bob Wanderer)
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 17:27:58 -0400
I misunderstood what the original poster wanted.  My Poly
specials do NOT pass DC on the center conductor.  That is
what separates Poly from the rest of the crowd and makes
their suppressors superior.

Nevertheless, what the specials do (and they are essentially
bias tees) is take the RF and DC control voltages that are
common on the center conductor, separate them, protect them,
and then recombine them.  All Poly's bias tee products do
that.  Mine were specifically designed for ham radio
applications based on conversations I had with numerous hams
at Dayton and my own experience.  The primary audience are
those who do EME or other weak signal work, where they have
a pre-amp that is line-powered.

As to Smith Industries.  Based on my experience at Poly and
what I saw transpire at Times Microwave, all I can say is
that the Smith representative, who shall remain nameless,
did effect numerous changes.  Maybe they were good changes
business-wise but my view of them were that they were
customer (and especially ham-radio) unfriendly--at least for
the individual customer; not for the distributors,
representatives, and big companies.

73
Bob AA0CY