[Towertalk] 45G (guyed) vs. SSV (self-supp'g) 70-ft. tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] 45G (guyed) vs. SSV (self-supp'g) 70-ft. tower
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 07:55:15 -0600
Why don't you call Texas Towers, get the prices for ALL
of the material you would need and add it up YOURSELF?

(Actually, I expect Texas Towers would even add it up for you).

Then call a professional tower installer (K7LXC is one) and
get a quote on the cost of installation of each approach?

YOU could even call multiple sources and compare prices.

Tom  N4KG

On Sun, 29 Sep 2002 Chuck Counselman <ccc@space.mit.edu> writes:
> According to Rohn's spec sheets, either a 45G guyed tower or an SSV
> self-supporting tower can support an antenna having 8 sq.ft. of
> equivalent flat-plate area in 90-mph wind, at the top of a 70-ft.
> tower.
>
> Can anyone give me an estimate of the overall cost of each
> alternative (45G or SSV), considering not only the tower itself but
> also the foundation work, professional erection, and guying (for the
>
> 45G)?
>
> In other words, what's the net cost of doing without guys?
>
> Thanks and 73 de Chuck, W1HIS

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.