[Towertalk] Guy atachment

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Guy atachment
From: jhburns@attglobal.net (Jeff Burns)
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 19:53:19 -0500
The one restriction my wife has put on my plan to install a tower is "NO Guy
Wires." Despite this I sill think a slender tower with a few guy wires may
look better that a massive self-supporting tower.

If I use a guyed tower the anchor points will be a challenge. The tower will
be just behind the house. Our masonry fireplace is along the same wall. How
might guys be attached to a fireplace?

To keep the other guys from being a nuisance in the yard I would like to
attach them to post at least seven feet tall. Can anyone suggest how big a
post is needed and how much concrete is needed to hold it in place?

I am thinking of a 40ft tower.

Jeff Burns

AD9T