[Towertalk] coax for new tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] coax for new tower
From: gavin@hfdx.co.uk (Gavin Taylor GM0GAV)
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2002 13:37:11 -0000
It's all down to effective weatherproofing.
At work, my area of responsibility has around 800 microwave links, all
using runs of Belden 9913 for the IF cables. Each link will have
between 2 and 8 runs of 9913, each run between 20 & 300m long.That's a
lot of cable and connectors!

Rarely see any water ingress problems and Scotland is a very wet
place. For connectors we just use self amalgamating tape, 3-4 layers
then a UV resistant electrical tape on top.

9913 is great, just pay attention to weatherproofing. But that goes
for all coax...

73 Gavin
GM0GAV