[Towertalk] M2 40M3L

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] M2 40M3L
From: n2mg@eham.net (Mike Gilmer, N2MG)
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2002 09:47:55 -0300
I have two of these beasts
http://www.m2inc.com/products/hf/40m/40m3lmono.html
that I will be installing this fall (well, at least I'll get to one of
them).  They are used but seemingly in excellent shape.

I am interested in any mods (small or large) that folks on the
reflector have employed on this M2 or similar antennas...or any weak
spots they have encountered.

I can see several potential weak areas (confirmed by others) and the
previous owner improved one serious flaw (after failure) but I would
like the reflector gang to comment.  Anecdotal, first hand or hearsay,
third-party, it doesn't matter; tell me your concerns.

Thanks.

Mike N2MG