[Towertalk] Calculating guy distance for rotating towers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Calculating guy distance for rotating towers
From: kr7o@vhfdx.com (kr7o@vhfdx.com)
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 13:22:19 -0700
Ok, I must admit that my high school geometry/trig have not survived
college parties, etc. but, I have a question that I don't ever remember
seeing addressed on TT.

I am looking for a formula to determine in advance how far my guy anchors
need to be for a side mounted antenna at any given height to clear the
guys.  Example, a 75' rotating tower with guy wires attached at 75' and an
antenna with a turning radius of 25' at say 60'.  I'm sure I could graph it
out, but I would prefer to know exactly before sinking anchors (I want to
do things once).

Thanks,

73, Robert KR7O/YB2ARO, DM07ba/OI52ee  (ex.  N7STU)
kr7o@vhfdx.com

www.vhfdx.com (Norcal WSWSS activities & KR7O/YB2ARO homepages)