[Towertalk] Roof mount tower (stainless fasteners)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Roof mount tower (stainless fasteners)
From: stevek@jmr.com (Steve Katz)
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 10:08:47 -0700
All good answers regarding lubricating SS hardware and Nylock nuts, etc.

What I do now is avoid the Nylock nuts altogether and use a lockwasher and
two nuts (second one to lock the first) in the critical applications such as
the tower leg-to-roof bracket locations, and that seems to have solved the
problem.  I haven't had the SS hardware seize up all by itself, only when
Nylock inserts are present.

WB2WIK/6

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." -
Mario Andretti