[Towertalk] Good old days(?)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Good old days(?)
From: ccc@space.mit.edu (Chuck Counselman)
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 10:58:19 -0400
At 6:51 PM -0400 10/19/02, Dave, N3HE, wrote:
>[I]t seems to me that, except for contest weekends, activity on
>160-10M seems way down, eg, I hardly hear any of the s-p and l-p
>gray-line dx activity I remember from the '50s, '60s, and '70s, on
>40M in the late afternoons....

I was active (as W3JVQ) during those fabulous late '50s, especially
on 10 m; but my memory has faded and I was not DXing between 1960 and
2000.  Therefore I wonder whether other old-timers can confirm, deny,
or otherwise comment on what Dave says about DXing nowadays versus
the good old days.

It seems to me that it _should_ be better today, because both we and
the DX stations have substantially better equipment now.

Tnx es 73 de Chuck, W1HIS