[Towertalk] rotatable dipole

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] rotatable dipole
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 08:20:27 -0600
Boom matching as a rotary dipole on 30 and 40M works VERY WELL.
I have used a matched 24 ft boom on a TH6 on both 30 and 40M
(separately).
It 'should' be possible to use two matching arms, one for 30M and
the other for 40M (be SURE to disconnect the unused feedline from
any radios to prevent burning out the RX front end).

Another TowerTalk subscriber used stepper motors to drive
variable capacitors for his matching unit and was able to get
enough range to tune BOTH 30 and 40M.

Tom  N4KG