[Towertalk] Phillystran question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Phillystran question
From: k3nd@yahoo.com (GALE STEWARD)
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 12:00:22 -0800 (PST)
There was an article in CQ some years ago about
installing a GM HAZER on 60 or 70 ft of R25 (two
levels of guys). The top set of guys went to the HAZER
and the lower set to the tower. As I recall the
procedure was as follows:

* Position the antenna correctly and then crank the
HAZER down until it is just above the lower set of
guys. The top guys have gone slack.

* Climb the tower and install temporary guys 8-10 ft
above the HAZER. Have a ground crew person connect
them to the anchors.

* Remove the lower set of guys on the way down.

* Crank the HAZER down to ground level.

Reverse the procedure to put everything back up. You
can work on the antenna at ground level but you still
need to climb. With no load, the unsupported top 20-30
feet are apparently easily supported by the temporary
guys.

This is from memory but I don't think I missed
anything. I probably have a copy of the article in my
files somewhere.

73, Stew K3ND