[Towertalk] counterweights

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] counterweights
From: FireBrick" <w9ol@billnjudy.com (FireBrick)
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 07:55:38 -0600
Concrete blocks are big and bulky.
Plastic bottles with water can freeze.
Plastic bottles with anti-freeze can still break and spill.

Let's look what the pro's use.
Being hooked on the Sopranos, I checked with the experts at the local
Italian Sports Club and found out:
Concrete is too much work and makes a mess on your shiny suits.
Large chains work well but are noisy and rust.
Using one of those 1 cubic foot blocks they crush junk cars into is way to
heavy and presents a transportation problem.

So...my suggestion.
I've been using the old cast iron window sash weights.
They don't break, don't rust, relatively small, even have a hole made for
tying to, and best of all; usually free.
They can be found at any junkyard.
Or better yet, stop at the local window installer and I bet he will save
some for you. That's how I got my set.

Newspaper Headline: Juvenile Court to Try Shooting Defendant

Bill H. in Chicagoland
w9ol@billnjudy.com
www.billnjudy.com
http://files.billnjudy.com