[Towertalk] SteppIR

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] SteppIR
From: w1uf@yahoo.com (L. Dennis Shapiro)
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 10:00:19 -0800 (PST)
Steve,

I should have been clearer.

The fiberglass pieces are hollow tubes inside of which
are the copper-beryllium elements that are "stepped"
to match the frequencies.

It is these internal elements that I nest--i.e. I use
the "retract" position on the controller to reel in
the elements completely.  It takes a few seconds.  The
fiberglass tubes remain and the antenna looks the same
to the eye.

73,

Dennis