[Towertalk] 5.8 GHZ line loss RG8

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] 5.8 GHZ line loss RG8
From: stevek@jmr.com (Steve Katz)
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 07:46:43 -0800
Type "end" connnectors?

I think you'll find RG8 coax doesn't support operation at 5.8 GHz, so it
won't matter much what the connectors are.  You need 100% shielded cable,
preferably rigid coax.  For such a short distance as eight feet, I normally
use Coaxitube, such as the products from Uniform Tube like UT-141, etc. at
that frequency.

WB2WIK/6

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." -
Mario Andretti