[Towertalk] Towertalk Huh?!?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Towertalk Huh?!?
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 19:12:27 -0600
Yes and NO.

During construction of the guy wires using cable clamps,
there is probably very little tension on the dead end at the
third clamp from the insulator, HOWEVER,  I know of TWO
towers that have FALLEN  OVER because the guy wire
pulled through TWO cable clamps.  Rohn recommends
using THREE clamps AND 'serving the loose ends.

I've not had any problems when 3 clamps are used at
(some of) my anchor ends.  I now use Preformed Guy
wraps exclusively.

Tom  N4KG

On Thu, 07 Nov 2002  Jon Ogden <na9d@speakeasy.net> writes:
> on 11/7/02 9:10 AM, n4kg@juno.com at n4kg@juno.com wrote:
>
> > I would say the 'dead' end has LESS force on it than the 'live'
> end rather than "little or know* tension".
>

> Also, I would tend to say that the ONLY clamp that really has any
> tension on
> it at all is the very first one.  By the time you get to the third
> clamp, there's no noticeable tension on it.
>
> 73,
>
> Jon
> NA9D

Only $9.95 per month!