[Towertalk] TH7 DX Settings

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] TH7 DX Settings
From: smlx@earthlink.net (Steve Lawrence)
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 11:43:19 -0800
I've been using the "DX settings" for the TH7. I found an old posting to
the the list:

http://lists.contesting.com/_towertalk/1997-August/008484.html

quote:

Later, Hy-Gain developed new dimension called "DX-settings" to
improve the lower end of each band.  In a discussion with
Roger Cox at Hy-Gain he has suggested an additional setting to
emphasize CW at an even greater sacrifice in VSWR at the top
of the bands.

I have summarized the figures below and will try the CW
setting on my TH-6/TH-2 conversion to a TH-7.  If these
check out well, then I will incorporate the changes into
my four other TH-7s to confirm the repeatability.

The only chages that need to be made are to the two driven
elements.  The following changes represent an evolution
of settings.

section  original   suggested    Hy-Gain's    Hy-Gain's (Cox)
number   settings   by some      DX settings  CW settings

RDE-2      31"           32"              33"                   34"
FDE-2      40"          41"               42"                   43"

That is, add another inch to the DX settings. Has anyone tried this? If so,
what is the shifted SWR bandwidth?

Thanks & 73, Steve WB6RSE