[Towertalk] Installation of Cable Clamps on Phillystran

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Installation of Cable Clamps on Phillystran
From: kk9a@arrl.net (kk9a@arrl.net)
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 04:16:12 -0000
There has been an interesting discussion on this list about the correct way
to install cable clamps on Phillystran.  I just discovered an old brochure
from Phillystran dated April 1990.  It clearly shows the clamp on the live
end of the guy and the "U" bolt on the rope tail.  It also shows four clamps
per end.  HPTG1200I and HPTH2100I use a 1/4" cable clamp.  HPTG4000I uses a
5/16"  and HPTG6700I uses a 3/8" cable clamp.  A thimble and end cap are
also recommeded.

73,
John