[Towertalk] IS Boom length the HOLY GRAIL ?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] IS Boom length the HOLY GRAIL ?
From: dhearn@ix.netcom.com (dan hearn)
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 13:40:44 -0800
In his 2 volume pair of books on Quads, Cebik shows that Quad efficiency
can be improved significantly by using 1/2 inch tubing conductors. He
looked at accomplishing the same improvement by using 2 wires in each
Quad element spaced several inches. These books also compare a 2 el quad
vs a 2 el Yagi and a 3 el Yagi for gain, F/B, and SWR while sweeping the
frequency across the 10m band. A lot of the information in his books is
available for free on his web page www.cebik.com Answers to all of the
questions discussed in this thread and much more is available there. 73,
Dan, N5AR