[Towertalk] rigging rope

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] rigging rope
From: n2mg@eham.net (Mike Gilmer, N2MG)
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 20:19:47 -0500
After searching around for a while, I bought my rope from New River Nets - I
think W8JI recommended them.

http://www.newrivernets.com

It's a double-braid polyester rope made by Wellington, called Rhinoflex.   I
believe K1TTT recommended this type.

http://www.wellingtoninc.com/commercial/doublebraid.htm

It's surprisingly (for me) "soft" and flexible - about $280 for 600 feet of
1/2" diameter shipped to NY.

Many here on towertalk commented that they wouldn't want to use anything
smaller than 7/16" or so as it gets too hard to grab.  1/2" fits fine
through typical ginpole pulleys.  600 feet is the standard spool length.
Turns out it's is a great length for block-and-tackle lifts on "tall" ham
towers. The spool is pretty heavy, though  :-)

Mike N2MG