[Towertalk] Obssessive-compulsive Anal Paranoid Builds Over-engineered R

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Obssessive-compulsive Anal Paranoid Builds Over-engineered Roof-top Guy Anchors
From: jimsmith@shaw.ca (Jim Smith)
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 16:06:38 -0800
No, I'm not taking the LMR 400 to the beams.  It will run between the Al
plate with all the barrel connectors in the shack wall (an inside wall)
and the Al plate with all the barrel connectors on the roof.  i.e. once
in place it won't get moved around.  I'll run something else from there
to the rigs and antennas.  213 I guess.  Sure do like the flexibility
that those bulkhead termination plates provide.

Why LMR 400?

LMR 400 has lower loss than 213.  Also, it's shielding is rated at > 90dB.

213 is > 1C$/ft.  400 is 0.89$C per ft FOB local distributor's
warehouse.  I know those prices are skewed compared to US but this is
where I live.

Why compare to 213 and not something else?  Doesn't appear to be
anything else comparable available locally.

73 de Jim    VE7FO