[Towertalk] AB-105 Assembly. Was: I gotta say "Uncle"

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] AB-105 Assembly. Was: I gotta say "Uncle"
From: rwilson@hiwaay.net (Bob Wilson)
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 10:13:55 -0600
No need to order a manual.  You can download it for free from:
https://www.logsa.army.mil/etms/find_etm.cfm
Just search on AB-105

Bob
WA4ZZW
Decatur, AL

Message: 8
From: "Bill Hider" <n3rr@erols.com>
To: <K7LXC@aol.com>, <NQ4I@compuserve.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 20:41:26 -0500
The horizontals are *very* important. As far as climbing steps, horizontals
are nice to have, but they are *required* at the splice plates and at any
location where there is an antenna side-mount or ring rotor. They equalize
the torque on the tower in the face of asymmetric forces due to the lopsided
tower load.
As far as assembly, the assembly instructions should be followed to achieve
*absolute* maximum strength. The AB-105 Army manual shows the complete
installation for each section. This manual may be obtained from Global
Engineering Documents. The link is on my website:
www.erols.com/n3rr