[Towertalk] 6 Meter Antenna

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] 6 Meter Antenna
From: k6sdw@hotmail.com (Eddy Avila)
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 01:08:39 +0000
Tom, if I had these choices I would put one at the 60' mark and feed it with
low-loss hardline which while really expensive new and be found at swapmeets
a lot cheaper! I'd put a second yagi at the 25' mark as well feeding this
with low-loss coax. My experience is that dx signals on 6 meters come in at
really different angles depending upon the type of refraction going
on....with antennas at really different heights you would find one day the
60-footer hearing stuff the 25-footer can't hear, then the next time the
25-foot high antenna kicking butt and you'd swear the beam at 60' fell off
the tower!!! HI....

Of course, this is the best of all possible worlds and not available for me
so I'd go with a beam as high as possible and feed it with the best-quality
coax you can afford.

GL es 73...ed