[Towertalk] Climbing GM Roof Top Towers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Climbing GM Roof Top Towers
From: faunt@panix.com (Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604)
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 02:00:58 -0500 (EST)
I got a lightweight extension ladder, and lashed it to my RT-1832 tower for
climbing.  That way, my weight is on the ladder, and the tower is just
providing stability.

I assembled the tower completely on the ground, then spilt it into top
and bottom parts.  I then could mount the bottom on the roof more
easily (it was messy, because of the way I did it), and used the
ladder as a gin pole to install the top on the bottom.  I put the
rotator and mast in the top section before installation.

73, doug