[Towertalk] Force 12 antennas with stainless option

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Force 12 antennas with stainless option
From: n1lo@hotmail.com (Mark .)
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 09:03:54 -0500
Roger brings up as good point,
The standard element-to-boom hardware for the C series, (and perhaps others)
is zinc-plated steel, and begins to rust quickly. If you want all stainless,
you must specify the stainless hardware option when you purchase that
antenna. Put it together using blue (removeable grade) threadlocking
compound, and you should be good to go for a long time.

For my C-3E, in 1998, the stainless option was $35.

--...MARK_N1LO...--

<<Force 12 provided me good information. I have some corroded U-bolts and
saddles on my 3-year-old C-3 ...see http://igspot.ig.com.br/rmurad/ The
U-bolts and saddles are not stainless steel. I wrote to Force12, got a quick
reply. Further E-Mails brought specifications and dimensions. Very helpful.
I did not buy the >replacement U-bolts/saddles from Force12 as I thought it
would be easier to buy them locally ... but still haven't found exact
replacements here. It is not so easy as one may think. Roger, PY1OL >>