[Towertalk] Force 12 boom failure

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Force 12 boom failure
From: henry@summitschool.com (Henry Heidtmann)
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 09:04:27 -0500
We had a boom failure with our club's C4XL this past summer- The failure
was due to the crew improperly taglining the ends of the antenna to pull
it away from the tower guy wires. It was not a design error. One rope at
the middle point would have avoided this. Anyway, one call to F12 and the
6' boom piece was enroute in 5 days. F12 customer service has always been
top shelf for us.
FWIW-
Henry, W2DZO/W4WS
Winston-Salem, NC