[Towertalk] US Tower Recabling

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] US Tower Recabling
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 14:01:31 EST
In a message dated 12/11/02 10:45:03 AM Pacific Standard Time,
dick.green@valley.net writes:

> I disagree with LXC about recabling the tower, at least as regards the
>  tubular towers. Bruce told me that it can be done by the owner, at least
for
>  the MA-770 and smaller towers.

    The original posted question had to do with one of their lattice towers -
not the tubulars - and that's what I responded to. The MA-series tubulars are
MUCH easier to recable. The lattice-types are IMO just about impossible for a
tower owner to recable himself. It's a good thing they're as reliable as they
are so you don't have to worry about it.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH -