[Towertalk] PL259's

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] PL259's
From: vk2lee@maxnet.net.au (Lee Noonan)
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 20:09:02 +1100
I bought some PL259s with white teflon insulation and silver pins .... but I
found that the inner core of RG 213 will NOT fit into the Pin... These were
very expensive - over $7-00AUS each and I haven't used any of them because
of that. The common PL 259s in Australia have a brown or dark brown
insulation and usually have "japan" printed on them and cost around $2-25Aus
. I ended up using "n" connectors instead and Belden 9913 cable.
regards

Lee Noonan  VK2LEE