[Towertalk] Coax

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Coax
From: fclarke@erols.com (fclarke)
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 22:36:22 -0500
RG-17 has a nasty habit of the center conductor shrinking and
withdrawing the center pin
from the connector.  Drove us nuts trying to troubleshoot a repeater
problem a few years
ago.

Our base electronics shop canned all the RG-17 and replaced it with
Andrews Heliax and
solved many problems.  Of course it is easy when Uncle Sam is paying for
those $$$$$
connectors!

Hardline seems to be showing up at hamfests and then there is always the
old standby -
ex CATV hardline.  75 ohm, but there are ways around that.

73 de Tom/W4OKW