[Towertalk] SteppIR and BeCu

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] SteppIR and BeCu
From: w4zw@comcast.net (Jon, W4ZW)
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 08:17:24 -0500
Ping Golf made a wonderful set of irons from BeCu a few years ago.

>From what I was told, they were forced to stop production for two
reasons.  One, the BeCu dust was toxic and the gas released during the
amalgamation of the metals was harmful to the ozone layer.

These clubs today sell for more than the original price.

I'm oceanfront and will have my SteppIr up in January.  They called last
week to schedule shipping, but since we're gone for the holidays, I
rescheduled it forward into January.  Being oceanfront, this saltwater
environment will be a good test since I have to change out or refurbish
the yagis every two years or so.  Rotors last about the same.

Jon Hamlet,  W4ZW
Casey Key Island, FL

"A little bit of Paradise in the Gulf of Mexico"