[Towertalk] Double protection - climbing

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Double protection - climbing
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 15:07:31 EST
In a message dated 12/19/02 11:25:58 AM Pacific Standard Time, n4kg@juno.com
writes:

> Not too long ago, I purchased a Fall Arrest Harness and strap
>  from Champion Radio.  I will add my usual double rope lanyard
>  to this assembly.  It would be nice to find a source of fixed length
>  braided nylon lanyards with 30, 36, 42, and 48 inch options and
>  safety rated snaps.

    Actually we can get any length you want in nylon webbing or rope
lanyards. The prices are about what is already available (i.e. 4-foot rope
with double-locking snap hooks on both ends for thirty-four bucks).

    These are also fully OSHA compliant.

    A new lanyard that isn't on the website yet uses 1.75" wide nylon webbing
one-foot long and has double-locking snap hooks on each end. I use mine all
the time - it's just perfect for holding you close to a mast or leg without
wrapping your too-long lanyard around several times. It's immensely handy.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
Champion Radio Products
888-833-3104