[Towertalk] Lube for Tri-Ex lm470 cable

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Lube for Tri-Ex lm470 cable
From: W1GOR@Maine.RR.Com (W1GOR)
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2003 20:13:12 -0500
Mike,

Check out  http://www.kanolabs.com  Kano Labs makes excellent lubricants for
cables, and nearly everything else.   I've been using their cable lubricant
on aircraft control cables for many years, with very good results.
Although some manufacturers recommend the use of motor oil on cables, I feel
that motor oil is too viscous and is a serious collector of dirt.

The product that I use is 'Gearope',  Gear and Cable Lubricant - Clings to
the Surface.  Specialized lubricant clings to gears and cables. Withstands
extreme pressure and weather. Displaces water.  I prefer the non-aerosol
version of their products.  It allows much better control than spray cans...

73, Larry - W1GOR

Message: 7