[Towertalk] Knots for Guys

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Knots for Guys
From: na9d@speakeasy.net (Jon Ogden)
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 06:45:04 -0600
While I am a major bowline fan, I don't know if you'd want to do this.
Knots do reduce the strength in a line.  So your knot would reduce the
strength of the Phillystran.  I forget by how much but I think even the best
knots reduce it by 20% or so.

Take that into consideration.  If the forces on the guys still fall within
rating, I don't know why you couldn't do it.

I'm not an expert on this though.  I'm just using basic logic and your idea
makes sense given the above caveat.  But perhaps some of the more
experienced guys (no pun intended) here can give you a better answer.

73,

Jon
NA9D