[Towertalk] Knots for Guys

To: <>
Subject: [Towertalk] Knots for Guys
From: (Mike Gilmer, N2MG)
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 09:43:54 -0400
I would never use a knot in this application.  Phillystran is to be
terminated with grips designed specifically for Phillystran.

But why not ask them yourself? (almost worthless)

For grips, go to
and look up "Phillystran" in their search tool

Gee, even PLP refers to it as Phillystrand on this search results
page...there is no "D" at the end; they should know better!

And yes, you need turnbuckles - they are mandatory to tighten the
cables to proper tension - especially given that they stretch/relax
over time.

73 Mike N2MG