[Towertalk] towertalk@contesting.com<towertalk@contesting.com>

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] towertalk@contesting.com<towertalk@contesting.com>
From: na9d@speakeasy.net (Jon Ogden)
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 20:14:29 -0600
on 1/6/03 7:47 PM, mcduffie@actcom.net at mcduffie@actcom.net wrote:

>> Short Story:
>
> Kewl!  It's clear from your story that you're as big a jerk as the other
> guy.  With your attitude, your city might just reconsider its current
> policy, and I wouldn't blame them.

No, the original poster is correct.  This isn't the forum for discussing
RFI, but the facts are that RFI is NOT our problem if we have a well
designed and engineered station.  If a neighbor is unwilling to work with
us, then we should NOT let them dictate what we do or say.  I have one that
is not quite as hostile, but he's been a pain.  I've put it straight to him
and told him that it is NOT my problem.  I've offered to help and have given
him the FCC and ARRL literature on it.  Beyond that, it's NOT my deal.

Too many hams don't have the cajones to stand up to their neighbors.  And
that includes everything from RFI to towers and antennas (to bring this back
on topic!).

73,

Jon
NA9D