[Towertalk] CATV Questions

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] CATV Questions
From: stevek@jmr.com (Steve Katz)
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 15:05:43 -0800
At HF, I doubt you'll see much savings going to 1/2" CATV hardline over
Buryflex.  On 10m, the difference in 195' of line is about 1 dB or so.  On
40m, it's less.

However, there's no reason not to use the line if you want to.  If it's 15
years old, I'd cut off an end and look carefully at the cable's
cross-section, in search of signs of any contamination due to water...if the
dielectric is pure white, and peeling that away reveals a shiny copperclad
aluminum center conductor beneath (shiny copper color, not tarnished), it's
likely to be just fine.

WB2WIK/6

"Success is the ability to go from failure to failure with no loss of
enthusiasm." -Winston Churchill