[Towertalk] Aluminum Tubing

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Aluminum Tubing
From: stevek@jmr.com (Steve Katz)
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 08:19:52 -0800
> What can you use to get that smooth shinny look on aluminum if you get a
> piece that has not been through the process? 73, David

        [Steve Katz]  I haven't been following the "tubing" thread, but
aluminum only stays shiny if it's been treated with something to stop
oxidation.  I go to the local anodizing shop (they are everywhere) and have
them do a chem etch and clear irridite or clear anodize.  Either will keep
the aluminum looking nice for quite a while, and the cost is small.
-WB2WIK/6