[Towertalk] Tailtwister stuck

To: <>
Subject: [Towertalk] Tailtwister stuck
From: (Paul Playford)
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 21:15:13 -0000
To the best of my knowledge the limit switch bypassing works only of the
HDR-300, NOT the T2X.

Some hams are able to release a stuck T2X brake by momentarily reversing
direction.  I cured mine by dressing down the wedge slightly with a file and
then suspending the rotator from the mast.  The weight of the stacked
monobanders, rotator and the mast is carried by a thrust bearing.  It's been
two years since the last time it stuck.

de Paul, W8AEF