[Towertalk] epoxy & potmetal

To: <>
Subject: [Towertalk] epoxy & potmetal
From: (Gordon Sahnow)
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 22:34:05 -0800
 I donot know if epoxy will work.  Most of the time a new piece was=20
Epoxy does work at least in some instances. I once epoxied the potmetal =
handle of a gas pump - the one used to turn the machine on and off. I =
cheated a bit by placing a small piece of welding rod across the break =
into holes drilled into the end of each half.

This device was in use many times a day for seven months of the year and =
lasted a couple of years before it gave way - did it again.

The brand I used was PC-7 but I would guess that any of those epoxies =
touted to be machineable would do. A new part was unavailable.

Gordie, W7WHB
La Center, WA