[Towertalk] Supporting coax

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Supporting coax
From: RedHaines@centurytel.net (Red)
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 17:10:16 -0600
Hello to all;

Please advise me regarding methods and materials to support coax going
up a tower.  Problems I recognize include:

Overstressing the coax or the connector - I assume this is resolved by a
stress relief loop at the connector and by supporting it at
appropriately small intervals, possibly with additional stress relief
provisions at each support.  At what intervals are support and stress
relief recommended for typical RG-8 style coax?

Distorting the coax, while supporting the coax - What are permissible
ways to support it without distorting it?

Weather and UV exposure of the supporting materials - Some support
materials or device may be inherently resistant to wx and UV; others may
be useful if they are covered with UV resistant material.  What are some
of the options?

What am I overlooking?

73 de WOØW