[Towertalk] Another stacking question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Another stacking question
From: k2av@contesting.com (Guy Olinger, K2AV)
Date: Fri Jan 24 00:47:35 2003
Probably not, because 12 feet is definitely near field for 20 meters,
and for each of the antennas the boom of the other would be a major
conductor no farther away from the driven element than the forward
director.

Further the portion of the other antenna's feedline running parallel
to the boom would couple the entire feedline including the vertical
feedline run up the tower, regardless of whether you used a balun at
the driven element.

Probably a LOT easier to space them a vertical half wave than to try
and defeat all the close-coupled effects.

73, Guy.