[TowerTalk] Force 12 EF420/240

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Force 12 EF420/240
From: (Leon Kirschemann)
Date: Mon Jan 27 10:21:36 2003
Hi Richard.  I have a C3E and a EF420/240D. The 420/240 is up about 60ft
and the c3e is up about 50ft. Comparing on 20 meters, I find the 240 to
be about 1/2 to 1 s unit stronger than the c3e on dx stations. The EF
has been up for about 4 years and the c3 about 3 years. BOTH antennas
are the D rating for 100mph winds. I would NEVER buy a antenna for 80mph
winds.  Too hard of climate hear in North Dakota. Winds can hit 100
around hear.  Also have a 7 element log.  Hope this helps.  K0LU Leon in