[TowerTalk] Adjusting antenna tuners

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Adjusting antenna tuners
From: eric@K3NA.ORG (Eric Scace K3NA)
Date: Wed Jan 29 06:39:20 2003
   A very convenient way to adjust antenna tuners is to use a handheld
impedance analyzer as the signal source.  I happen to use an
AEA CIA-HF, which can graph the SWR across the band.  Not only can I see how
broad or narrow-banded the tuner's "solution" is, but I
can also easily see which way things change when I turn the various controls of
C and L.  I tweak for the solution that gives the
broadest, flattest match.

   Lastly, the signal level emitted by the analyzer is very low so QRM on the
bands is reduced.

-- Eric K3NA