[TowerTalk] Re: Ground rod material

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Ground rod material
From: (Barry )
Date: Wed Jan 29 15:14:36 2003
Home Depot has both copper and galv grounds rods. The galv rods are
several dollars cheaper. I installed about 1/2 of each when I did the
ground field for my tower (3 rods each leg, cadwelds, etc.) I haven't
had the opportunity to dig any of them up to see which decay more
Barry, W2UP

On 29 Jan 2003 at 13:49, Chuck Counselman wrote:

> At 7:59 AM -0500 1/29/03, Mark N1LO wrote:
> >...It seems that copper ground rods last longer in alkaline soil and
> >galvanized rods last longer in acid soil.
> Where can one buy galvanized rods?  Or should galvanized water pipe be
> used?
> -Chuck, W1HIS

Barry Kutner, W2UP              Internet: