[TowerTalk] Coax cables

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Coax cables
From: vk2lee@maxnet.net.au (Lee Noonan)
Date: Fri Feb 7 23:41:35 2003
Yes Steve, I should have bought some "N" connectors & white teflon PL259s
from the US as I did have a nephew over there for 6 months,He came home just
before Xmas.  I point out that the "N" connectors over here, including
different brands {all usually $10 ea] have pins to fit RG213 but don't have
the correct pins for the Belden 9913 cable... I have been told that You can
buy different size pins to fit "N" connectors in the US... but only the one
size over Here - small... You would think the larger hole would be better,
as it can always be filled with solder... .   The expensive White teflon
PL259s with the smaller pin ID was something of a shock.. I have used a few
different brands of PL259s over the years and these are the first ones I
have found with the smaller Pin ID......
But, even with all these small problems!!Hi Hi  I do have all the cables
connected to the antennas etc.... and the antennas are up in the Air... and
thats ALL that matters... well, nearly all..... the SWR on the Antennas are
OK too.....          thanks for the impute.. guys...
73
Lee Noonan  VK2LEE