[TowerTalk] Wire Dipole on rotating mast

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Wire Dipole on rotating mast
From: kb7ww@easystreet.com (Arthur Moe)
Date: Mon Feb 10 03:04:15 2003
Dana es all

Here is what I have done. I used a Rohn thrust bearing with a 4 foot arm.

I used a 4 foot length of 1 1/2 X 1 1/2 X 1/4 inch thick Al angle mounted it
to two of the original mounting bolt holes and put a good pulley on the end.
Using copper weld for the antenna for strength. When the mast turns the arm
stays still and has caused no problems in three years of service. This arm is
mounted on the mast below the first antenna on the mast. I should also mention
that I have a Hazer on the tower and with this method there are no
obstructions to lowering the Hazer.

Art
KB7WW

Art