Things I do before climbing.
1. Have a clear understanding of the day's objectives and the sequence of
moves to accomplish them.
2. Know the mechanical integrity of components that are below ground level
that cannot be seen, such as guy anchors, tower base ECT.
3. Inspect guy hardware. Turnbuckles, bolts, and equalizer plates all need
visually inspected before climbing.
4. After donning my full-body harness, I gather the ground crew at the tower
base and pray, asking God for safety and wisdom.
5. When climbing, focus on the exact place on each rung where your foot or
hand will go next.
6. You were born tied off, stay tied off.
Donnie Murray, W4BC