[TowerTalk] Favourite tower tip

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Favourite tower tip
From: (Steve Katz)
Date: Tue Feb 11 10:54:51 2003
That was a really good story, and sounds too familiar.

One tip I give to everybody, even when installing an antenna on a roof:
Figure out an escape plan in case all else fails.

I've known two local hams, one who is now a SK, who fell off relatively low
rooftops while doing antenna work: One broke both legs when he landed poorly
on a cement patio only 15 feet below, the other died when he did a header
off a 20' or so rooftop.  Both accidents completely avoidable.

I always think: If this antenna tries to pull me off of whatever I'm
standing on, what am I going to do?  And have a good answer clearly in mind
before starting.

"Success is the ability to go from failure to failure with no loss of
enthusiasm." -Winston Churchill