[Towertalk] Teflon sources

To: <>
Subject: [Towertalk] Teflon sources
From: (W0UN--John Brosnahan)
Date: Tue Feb 11 23:48:01 2003
Nylatron is a very interesting material but there are MANY variations of the
product.  See this site for about 20 or so different "Nylatrons".    It is NOT
a variation of UHMW--but rather something completely different.  Looks
like a version good for bearings may be superior to UHMW in some significant
properties--although it is not as good a dielectric and it tends to absorb
water in
varying degrees.

To see many different kinds of Nylatron

Comparison of Nylatron, UHMW, and other things.

43 page tutorial on engineering with plastics.   This booklet looks pretty
interesting.  I am downloading it and will read it on my next flight to

73--John   W0UN