[Top] [All Lists]

[TowerTalk] Need engineering calcs for Tri-Ex W-67 (or W-51)

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Need engineering calcs for Tri-Ex W-67 (or W-51)
From: (
Date: Thu Feb 13 10:28:03 2003
In a message dated 2/13/03 7:01:56 AM Pacific Standard Time, 

> I have now gotten the official word from my township that I need the calcs 
>  and a PE seal on them for my tower permit.  So, I am hoping that somebody 
>  out there has a copy of the original calculations done by Tri-Ex for the 
>  W-67 tower.  I am willing to pay for a copy (or pay more for the original 
>  documents if someone wants to sell them) so that I can then take them to a 
>  NJ PE and get him to review and put his seal on.  If somebody has the W-51 
>  calcs I am willing to pay for a copy of those if I can not get the W-67 
>  drawings.

    Typically when a building department wants calcs, that means they want a 
PE (from YOUR state) stamped package that includes the calcs and base design 
and complies with current building regs. You can find VCE's (Volunteer 
Consulting Engineers) on the ARRL website. 

    I would think that the old factory calcs were based on ancient standards, 
windspeed ratings, and building regs. (They used to be rated at 50 MPH - the 
MINIMUM in the US now is 70 MPH.) So I don't think they're going to do you 
much good. OTOH they might accept them (stranger things have happened!).

Steve    K7LXC
Professional tower services for commercial and amateur
<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>